About Orvel Ray Wilson
Tell him your 3 top sales challenges and he will give you 50 Guerrilla tactics that you can use to counter them right now
An award-winning keynote speaker and best-selling author, Orvel Ray addresses sales meetings, dealer meetings, trade shows, association conventions and small-business groups. His specialty is unconventional sales and marketing tactics that build business. His programs earn standing ovations and rave reviews from audiences worldwide.
A Certified Speaking Professional, the highest earned certification recognized worldwide by the speaking industry.
Voted one of the world’s Top 5 Sales and Marketing Speakers for a record five years straight.
Honored as “Speaker of the Year” in 2001 by Meeting Professionals International, San Diego.
From a standing-ovation keynote to an intensive, multi-day workshop, he will arm your people with hundreds of simple, low-cost or no-cost sales and marketing tips, tactics and tricks that return big profits.
Guerrilla programs are funny, inspiring, informative and devastatingly effective, because each is carefully customized to fit your business, your schedule, and your budget.
He holds the highest earned certification conferred by the speaking industry: Certified Speaking Professional. Fewer than 500 professional speakers worldwide have earned this distinction.
A 30+ year veteran of the platform, Orvel Ray has led more than a thousand large-audience seminars, custom training events and on-site workshops including “Guerrilla Selling,” “Guerrilla Marketing,” “Guerrilla Trade Show Selling,” “Guerrilla TeleSelling,” “Guerrilla Negotiating,” “Guerrilla Retailing,” “Customer Service Excellence,” “Guerrilla Presentation Skills” and “Managing Multiple Demands.”
He taught Management Development Programs for the University of Colorado and the University of Denver, and created innovative business courses for Harbridge House, the University of Toledo, the Spring Institute for International Studies, and Australia’s Canberra College of Advanced Education. He even pioneered workshops on capitalism for the Tyumen School of Management in the Russian Republic. He has been a guest lecturer for the Norman Newman Center for Entrepreneurship at Dalhousie University.
In 1986 he became one of CareerTrack’s top touring speakers, leading full-day sales and management seminars all over the US and Europe.
His first book, Guerrilla Selling, published in 1991, became a best-selling classic, and made his name as an innovator in sales and marketing. As Senior Partner in The Guerrilla Group, his team built a multi-million dollar training company and conducted hundreds of public and private seminars for clients all over the US, Europe, Africa and Australia.
Together with co-authors Mark S A Smith and Jay Conrad Levinson, they expanded the Guerrilla Marketing franchise to include Guerrilla Trade Show Selling, Guerrilla TeleSelling, Guerrilla Negotiating, and Guerrilla Retailing, and numerous audio and video programs distributed worldwide.
Soon he was in demand as a keynote speaker for conferences and conventions.
In more than 30 years on the platform, Orvel Ray has worked in a wide range of industries, including: Travel, Hotel, Computer, Software, Electronics, Telecommunications, Real-Estate, Photography, Textiles, Manufacturing, Airline, Health Care, Retail, Technology, Military, and Insurance.
Clients hire him because of his deep insight into a broad range of industries. His client list has grown to include many industry leaders including IBM, United Airlines, Marriott Hotels, and Microsoft. He has been a featured speaker at the prestigious Inc. Small Business Forums, and has appeared as a topical expert on CNN.
His work has been quoted in INC., The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, and dozens of trade journals in a dozen languages.
He will inspire and motivate any audience, but more importantly, he will arm them with unconventional weapons and tactics that they can use right now to win in today’s hyper-competitive environment.
Among his accomplishments are:
- Founding member of the National Speakers Association, Colorado Chapter in 1984. Served as Chapter President in 1986.
- Co-authored Guerrilla Selling – Unconventional Weapons and Tactics for Increasing Your Sales, with Jay Conrad Levinson, published by John Wiley & Sons in 1992. Recognized by INC. Magazine as one of the “10 Most Important Business Books of the Decade in 2000.
- Earned the Certified Speaking Professional credential (CSP) in 1997, the highest level of certification recognized globally by the professional speaking industry.
- Recognized as “Speaker of the Year” in 2001 by Meeting Professionals International.
- Co-author of five more books in the legendary Guerrilla Marketing series.
- His work has been quoted in INC., The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, and dozens of industry magazines and trade journals in a dozen languages
- He is a contributing author to How to Position Yourself As the Obvious Expert: Turbocharge Your Consulting or Coaching Business Now! by Elsom Eldridge Jr. and Mark L. Eldridge, and The Six-Figure Speaker: Formula for a Six-Figure Income As a Professional Speaker by Cathleen Fillmore.
- Created numerous audio and video programs distributed worldwide by Nightingale-Conant, Fred Pryor, CareerTrack, The American Management Association, Amazon.com and Blackstone Audio Books.
- Voted one of the world’s Top 5 Sales and Marketing Speakers in an international Internet poll in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. The ONLY speaker to receive this award 5 times.
Orvel Ray lives with his wife Denise in the mountains near Boulder, Colorado.