By working simultaneously on Content , Presentation Skills, and Marketing, we'll accelerate your progress and cut years off your learning cure.
Over the arc of our work together, we may complete most, if not all, of these milestones:
- Complimentary 90-minute Intake interview
- List desired outcomes: What does success look like?
- Review any current video footage of you on stage.
- Build a TomorrowVision scrapbook or Vision Board
- Complete the audio course, “Guerrilla Marketing for the Advanced Professional Speaker”
- Develop your Personal Brand
- Develop: Elevator Pitch, Origin Story, and Capabilities Stories
- Conduct a 360 Peer Review to determine your reputation
- Write a one-page “Guerrilla Marketing Plan”
- Fill in a one-year “Guerrilla Marketing Calendar”
- Complete the “Advanced Acting and Storytelling Skills for Professional Speakers” one-day lab.
- OR “Advanced Writing and Storytelling Skills” one-day lab
- Complete a “Writing and Publication Schedule” for your book.
Book or Keynote:
- Submit Outline (review Outlining Tool in Word if necessary)
- Submit “crappy first draft”
- Collaborative editing (on ZOOM or other screen-share platform)
- Settle on final title
- Cover art contest on UpWork
- Final edits
- Print reader copies and distribute for review
- Order ISBN number and barcode
- Proof final cover and interior layout
- Submit to CreateSpace, Kindle Direct Publishing, or other publisher for production
- Submit Keynote or PowerPoint slide deck for collaborative editing
- Practice presentation with slides and script
- Rehearsal and blocking
- Rehearse with slides from memory
- Practice and videotape
- Review and debrief video. Repeat as often as possible.
- Review video from live presentations
- Transcribe video soundtrack, analyze and edit. Repeat as often as possible
- Identify target audience. Complete Avatar
- Set appropriate fee level and expense policy
- Keyword analysis for Findability
- Acquire appropriate lists (chambers, service clubs, associations)
- Create Speaker One-Sheet
- Create program 3-5-3 email template
- Start booking talks
- Build YouTube Channel
- Expand, refine, and upgrade
- Submit to appropriate Speakers Bureaus
- Branding and Identity interviews
- Add keyword-optimized body copy, photos, and links to videos
- Set up subscribe function to build an email list
- Audit and align your messagig across all touchpoints:
- and your website.
Selling from Stage:
- Develop Call to Action and response mechanism.
- Offer books, consulting, training, or other services.
- Develop system for follow-up and additional bookings.
For book authors, read:
On Writing Well – The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction (30th Anniversary Edition) William Zinsser
How to Write a Book That Sells You – Increase Your Credibility, Income and Impact, Robin Colucci
Joy Writing – Discover and Develop Your Creative Voice, Kenn Amdahl
Elements of Style, Forth Edition, William Strunk Jr. and E. B. White
How to Write a Book Proposal (4th Edition), Michael Larsen
How to Position Yourself as the Obvious Expert: Turbocharge Your Consulting or Coaching Business Now!, Elsom Eldridge Jr. & Mark Eldridge
For developing a keynote, read:
TED Talks – The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking, Chris Anderson
PowerPoint 2016 for Dummies, Doug Lowe
My Pages, Numbers, and Keynote (for Mac and iOS), Brad Miser
The Comedy Bible: From Stand-up to Sitcom, Judy Carter
POP! – Create the Perfect Pitch, Title and Tagline for Anything, Sam Horn
Additional reading for coaches:
The Prosperous Coach – Increase Income and Impact for Your Clients, Steve Chandler & Rich Litvin
Million Dollar Coaching, Alan Weiss